This zesty rub will both tenderize and add intense flavor to beef, pork or poultry. For best results, use fresh VIVA! Herbs available exclusively at The Home Depot.
2 tablespoons rosemary
2 tablespoons chives
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons cilantro
2 tablespoons basil
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 large garlic cloves
1 big pinch black pepper
1 big pinch iodized salt
Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and finely chop. Makes four servings.
1. Score the meat so that the rub penetrates to infuse the most flavor.
2. Lightly coat meat in olive or canola oil to ensure that the rub adheres well.
3. To add some heat, throw in a few chopped jalapeņo, serrano or habaņero peppers.
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Once grill is ready, place meat onto grill.
3. Turn occasionally until meat is cooked.
4. Grill times vary depending on the type of meat used. For chicken, be sure the internal temperature at the thickest point measures at least 160 degrees.